Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tools of the Trade

I bought a Polar RS-200 Heart Rate Monitor watch with the chest strap about 2 weeks ago and I am so happy I did. Since purchasing this unit, I have been able to actively manage my exertion/exercise output keeping myself just on the threshold of passing out (LOL). I have realized that I can go steady at about 85% and can hit 91% and hold for a few minutes as well before I need to slow back down. If I move at about 81%-82% I feel like I can go on forever. I am now trying to match speed and distances to HR so I can determine how much extra I can push myself so I can increase my speed and decrease my times. I would like to shave at least a minute off my run and my ride and more off my swim if possible. We shall see - July 19th is not too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment