Saturday, July 11, 2009

1 Week to Number 3...

Tri number 3 is a week away. I feel ready, although I just realized that the swim is .4 miles and not 1/4 mile. This is almost double the distance. Oh well... Gonna take it a little slower and not burn out, but I am sure I can do it. Also, the bike is only 9 miles and not 12... I like that! Ha... Now if the run was a drive we would be all set...

Woke up at 6:00 a.m. today and got on the bike. Hit the Hook by 7:30 a.m.. What a perfect day. Hit a South wind coming back, but I was able to peddle through it and hold my form. I took it a little slower today and worked the soft gears keeping my cadence up in the 100's. I just felt like spinning my legs... I am going running then hitting the gym in a bit... We joined another gym- this one is much closer and cheaper. I can get my strength training in now at least... I am keeping my other gym membership because they have a really nice pool and I don't want to stop swimming and compromise my overall training... In essence it is costing me about 50% more a month to maintain the 2 memberships. I feel like this is a small price to pay, so I will until it becomes cost prohibitive, I give up on all this or I realize I am nuts...

Here's a tip of the week... You can't do this or anything unless you obsess over it. Depending on what it is, the obsession can last a lifetime, a year a month or even a moment... Regardless, unless you dedicate the time to whatever it is you are trying to accomplish you won't finish. Make the time! Plan ahead! Insist on doing it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment