Sunday, July 26, 2009

3 Down 2 to Go...

Wow! when this all started back in December it was just a lot of talk... Now, to think I have started 3 Sprint Triathlons and completed 2 is pretty cool. Even better is that I went from 1:23 in #2 to a great 1:14 finish in number 3. It was a great day and most of the savings was in the swim. The tide was flowing on our side as opposed to against us and this really made a difference.

As always, my Monica was there to root me on and my neighbor completed his first in great time (as I knew he would beating me in by about 6 minutes - good work Brian!)... And crossing the finish line together with my pal Wil who came back and caught me on the run was also cool (you could have pushed it but you held back).

Unfortunately, I had to bail and jump on a plane right after the race and did not have the opportunity to enjoy my effort at home, but it was pretty cool to hit a meeting at my new company and be greeted by folks that congratulated me in disbelief that I had raced that morning. Monica got some great pics too...

Hi Girls!!!

Surveying the scene - Breakfast would have been so much better!

No Turning Back No Boys!

Will and Me - Almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment