Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where has the time gone? How do we keep up?

Training is tough. It takes tons of time and after 6 months of it you want to just take a break. While at an event last night to prep for this weekend's War at the Shore, someone said to me that nothing matters but your mental fitness. I have been thinking about this statement and must say "IT CAN'T BE TRUER!"

Fact is, while the topic of conversation revolved around pushing out the last mile and moving from sprints, to Olympic length and up the line and how you need to be mentally strong to get through a race, your overall mental fitness as a whole is the real key. So what is mental fitness? I have no clue, but I can tell you what I think from my personal experience.

Here it is, I have been bummed the last few weeks. Started a new job and it has me travelling and working late. I lost my groove and I know it's all about shaking it off, but I just don't care. In June I was in the best condition of my life and now, while still working out (not regularly) I lost the routine and desire. My mental fitness is crushing my desire to work out. Some folks work out to find their release, me I like to cook and eat... So how do you overcome the mental hiccup? Tell you when I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment